CREDIT UNIONS ....
credit union is a cooperative not-for-profit financial institution
organized under the supervision of the National Credit Union Administration.
Credit unions traditionally have been organized by a group of people
having a common bond as defined in its charter. The goal is to combine
their funds to work for the mutual benefit of all members. The two
significant goals are to promote thrift and provide low cost loans.
The objective of the credit union is to help members manage their
money through systematic savings and intelligent use of credit.
Our philosophy has always been to go the extra mile for members.
Each member of the credit union is a part owner of this cooperative. Therefore, your credit union is always willing to help every member of the credit union achieve their financial goals. Since our first day of business in February of 1975, we have provided over $100 million dollars in loans to our members. Today we continue to provide cost effective financial services for all of our members and to continually develop new services in a rapidly changing financial environment.
The credit union charter defines the credit union field of membership
(who may join) the credit union. Our charter currently includes
the following field of membership to the SUNY Fredonia Federal Credit
- Fredonia State University of New York employees & their families
- Fredonia Faculty Student Association & their families
- Employees of the SUNY Fredonia Research Foundation & their families
- Employees of Campus and Community Children’s Center & their families
- Alumni of Fredonia State University of New York & their families (Alumni of the college constitutes any individual who has previously attended or has graduated from Fredonia State University of New York)
- Employees of the TLC Health Network, Irving Campus & their families.
The credit union continually seeks additional employee groups to
broaden the field of membership and to expand our services. If you
are aware of an employee group that is looking for a credit union
membership, please let us know. The credit union's main office number
NEED MORE INFORMATION???
We would be glad to provide you with additional information concerning
membership at the SUNY Fredonia Federal Credit Union or additional
information on services offered. You may contact any of our member
service representatives at either the main office at G139 Williams
Center, Fredonia, NY, or at the branch office located at the TLC
Health Network, Irving Campus.