Member Service Representative
The Member Service Representative (MSR) reports to the management team and assists in carrying out the mission of the Credit Union. The MSR shall work to ensure that the day-to-day needs of the credit union members are met on a timely basis and in a professional manner. The Credit Union is open Monday through Friday. The MSR would be scheduled to work approximately 35 hours per week.
Rewards & Benefits
Competitive hourly wages; Paid leave provisions including sick, personal, vacation and holiday leave; Retirement plan with employer contributions.
- Handle member financial transactions such as counting cash, cashing checks, deposits, withdrawals, transfers, loan payments, money orders, and printing corporate checks.
- Clerical duties such as answering phones, processing paperwork, filing, faxing, and copying.
- Suggest financial products by answering inquiries; informing members of new services and product promotions; ascertaining members' needs.
- Complete special requests such as opening and closing accounts and taking orders for checks.
- Perform account maintenance for members who want to change their banking products.
- Reconcile and balance cash drawer and transactions; count and package currency and coins; maintain supply of cash and currency.
- Process, research, and/or resolve member requests in person or via phone, e-mail, or mail.
- Answer questions regarding ATM/debit cards and loan products.
- Learn and follow the credit union’s operating procedures and comply with credit union security procedures.
- Maintain member confidence and protects credit union operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Our small but growing credit union needs a detail-oriented MSR to join our staff. We’re looking for self-starters who can take the initiative when responding to member concerns. The ideal candidate will have a friendly personality, a head for numbers and exhibit exemplary organizational, problem-solving and communication skills. He or she should understand the roles that credit unions serve in the community and have a customer-focused attitude. 1+ years’ bank or credit union experience preferred or experience with customer service and cash handling. Candidates with Microsoft Office knowledge welcomed as well as the ability to learn quickly banking equipment and software.
The SUNY Fredonia Federal Credit Union is its own independent operating not-for-profit entity managed by our own Board of Directors. The position advertised is not affiliated with the Fredonia College or New York State and their associated salary and benefits packages.
While performing the essential duties of the position, the employee would be regularly required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, kneel, talk, and hear. Vision requirements include close vision and the ability to focus.
Interested candidates shall apply and submit the required documents listed below by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing to: G139 Williams Center, Fredonia, New York 14063. Completed documents will be given full consideration. Name and contact information for three professional and/or personal references are required as part of the application.
- Cover Letter