Compliance Officer / Loan Officer
The Compliance / Loan Officer reports to the management team and ensures the Credit Union is in compliance with all state and federal regulations, laws, and rules. Analyzes new and pending compliance requirements affecting the Credit Union’s practices. Recommends policy changes to management and Board of Directors for review and approval. Develops, revises, communicates, and implements policies and procedures to ensure compliance. Originates member consumer loans. Analyzes and approves consumer loan requests based on lending policy and authority limits or forwards the loan request to higher level for decision. The Credit Union is open Monday – Friday. This position would be scheduled to work approximately 38 hours per week.
Rewards & Benefits:
Competitive hourly wages; Paid leave provisions including sick, personal, vacation and holiday leave; Retirement plan with employer contributions.
- Review, assess, develop, revise, and ensure the adequacy of programs, products, policies, and procedures designed to safeguard Credit Union assets and maintain regulatory compliance. Ensures policies and procedures are appropriately disseminated.
- Stay informed of new and pending laws and developments related to compliance issues, analyze requirements, appropriately revise policies and procedures, and ensure communication and implementation of regulatory changes.
- Develop, direct, and implement a compliance program and schedule to review internal Credit Union areas for compliance. Investigate complaints.
- Provide employee training on compliance related issues and policy changes. Develop a library of compliance resources for employee use.
- Assist compliance examiners with their examinations, making available the information that is necessary to complete their examination.
- Compile and issue reports detailing conclusion of audits and compliance analysis, report violations as appropriate, provide recommendations for improvement, and follow up to ensure compliance.
- Maintain records and documentation of compliance activities, complaints, investigations, and outcomes. Analyze, prepare, and file appropriate reports with regulatory agencies.
- Prepare and present reports concerning Credit Union compliance issues to the Board of Directors as requested.
- Develop and ensure implementation of record retention policies and procedures in accordance with regulations and laws.
- Assist in the revision and/or design of forms, products, web site, programs, or promotions to ensure compliance with all State and Federal rules and regulations.
- Take and review applications for consumer loan business. Explain loan programs and advise members of loan options and requirements.
- Analyze member financial condition to include credit history, credit score, debt to income ratio, collateral, and other financial information to assess the degree of risk and the member’s ability to repay the loan. Make decisions within loan approval authority or forward the loan request to higher levels for decision.
- Complete or direct completion of all loan documents. Ensure documentation is complete and accurate. Complete required reports and records. Meet with member to explain terms and conditions and close the loan.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, State and Credit Union regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain member confidence and protect credit union operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing other job duties as needed.
Our small but growing credit union needs a detail-oriented Compliance / Loan Officer to join our staff. We are looking for a self-starter who can take the initiative when responding to member concerns. The ideal candidate will have a friendly personality, a head for numbers and exhibit exemplary organizational, problem-solving and communication skills. He or she should understand the roles that credit unions serve in the community and have a customer-focused attitude. 3+ years’ credit union experience preferred or experience with compliance and consumer loan processing. College degree preferred but not required. Candidates with Microsoft Office knowledge welcome as well as the ability to learn banking equipment and software quickly.
The SUNY Fredonia Federal Credit Union is its own independent operating not-for-profit entity managed by our own Board of Directors. The position advertised is not affiliated with the Fredonia College or New York State and their associated salary and benefits packages.
Interested candidates shall apply by emailing the required documents listed below to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Names and contact information for three professional references are required as part of the application. A credit report will be reviewed as part of the application process. Any questions, please contact the SUNY Fredonia FCU by calling (716) 673-3585.
- Cover Letter
- 3 Professional References
The SUNY Fredonia Federal Credit Union is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.